[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Using ms2asc and getting Could not create

Mark

What works for me is to copy the data to a seperate directory.

Create a subdirectory off the data directory called e.g. "textxport"
-f nasdaq_history.asc (only filename, no path)
Add:
-o textxport (output directory)

In full:
H:\US\NASDAQ>ms2asc -m master -f nasdaq_history.asc -o textxport

Regards

Stuart

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "markaurelius61"
<pattersonmark@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some metastock data on a CD ROM, and I need to convert it to
> the ascii format for an application I am working on. I have put
> ms2asc.exe in C:\windows, I have created a directory on the c drive, c:
> \eod\history, and in cmd I cd into the directory were the master file
> and all the f*.dat files I.
>
> I get this:
>
> H:\US\NASDAQ>ms2asc -m master -f c:\nasdaq_history.asc
> ---8<--------ms2asc(v1.8.4)-log--------Begin---8<-
> Could not create c:\nasdaq_history.asc file
>
> Can anyone suggest what would make it work? Please.
>
> Regards
> Mark Patterson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional