[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: StochRSI

I have to say, Roy, that you have an amazing talent. May great health
rain down on you in the New Year if it hasn't already. That was
probably simple to you but I've been working on it for a while. And
great thanks to Preston, also. And by the way, is there a forum.doc
explaining all of the additional functions in the latest forumdll
collection? I can't find anything but the old one in the file section.
Thanks again. Rick.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Code 2 <Code2@xxx> wrote:

> Isn't Forum20.dll (August 2006) a more recent version?
>

> From: Roy Larsen <rlarsen@xxx>
> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 3:28:52 PM
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: StochRSI
>
> Hi Rick
>
> I notice that you are not using the current version of the Forum DLL.
> My testing shoes that the older version's RSI function returns a
> different result to the newer version's RSI function if your "vp"
> variable is used to set the Variable Period parameter.
>
> There also appears to be a divide-by-zero error generated by your
> formula on some charts.  Here's how I would lay out your formula to to
> make it easier (for me) to follow and fix.  I have no idea where your
> floating point overflow error is coming from as I haven't been able to
> reproduce that error.
>
>  {ZZ StockRSI}
> vp:=Fml("ZZ Trend Cycle");
> vr:=ExtFml("forumdll.VarRSI",C,vp);
> vl:=ExtFml("forumdll.VarLLV",vr,vp);
> vh:=ExtFml("forumdll.VarHHV",vr,vp);
> ds:=Sum(vh-vl,3); {divisor sum}
> 20; 80; 100*Sum(vr-vl,3)/(ds+(ds=0));
>
> Here's essentially the same formula but using the most recent version
> of the Forum DLL.  Both formulas convert a zero divisor to 1.  Placing
> fixed-value line outputs prior to the calculated output makes it
> possible to call the formula for an exploration and pick up the
> calculated value (the last output) instead of a constant.
>
>  {ZZ StockRSI}
> vp:=Fml("ZZ Trend Cycle");
> vr:=ExtFml("forum.RSI",C,vp);
> vl:=ExtFml("forum.LLV",vr,vp);