From: p_panther_73 <mchantzi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, January 23, 2009, 8:53:07 AM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Formula question

If you're only interested in the closing price, simply write

if(x=1,c,0)

But if you wanna see the chart plot, you might attach an expert
advisor where you enter "highlights" and set the color of false
condition to the background color.

In case you want to see the evolution while in permission long or
short mode in percentage, you could use something like this:

a:=valuewhen(1,cross(macd(),0),c);
if(macd()>0 or cross(0,macd()),100*(c/a-1),0)

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Off the top of my head.
>
> X:=If(MACD()> 0,1,0);
> valuewhen(1,x=1,x);
>
> That should do it but you will need to double check the formula.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "whiler178" <jemem@> wrote:
> >
> > Preston,
> > Thanks for your response.  I guess my question wasn't clear.I
> > understand the formula write here.  What I want to show on the
> > chart is just those bars which show a 1 and not those bars which
> > show 0. I hope that clarifies my question.  I would prefer that it
> > not be an expert formula.
> >
> > Jay

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional