[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: New formula required Please

Claud,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner on this...it was
evidently lost in cyberspace.

The Zero-Based RSI is simply:

RSI(periods)-50

There is far more to this than the vendors let on. It was originally
an article for TASC done by Tom Hartle in 1997. The following links
are for a PDF of the article and the TASC article indicators.

http://old.artun.ee/~momentum/ebook/STOCKS%20&%20COMMODITIES/Stocks%
20&%20Commodities%20-%20Using%20Fibonacci%20Ratios%20And%
20Momentum.pdf

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/1197/Traders
Tips/tips9711.html

Hartle has been a big advocate of the RSI and more recently wrote an
article using a shortened version of the RSI...something like 3
periods. Notice that in his article he uses the standard 14 period
RSI while the vendors use a longer 30 period RSI.

I'm somewhat intriqued by the fibonacci reverence as this was also
something that Baeyans thought useful.

One final thought was the foreward reference used in the TASC Trader
Tips indicators for the expert. The forward reference means that you
would not be able to use the indicators until after the fact.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Claud Baruch <claudba@xxx>
wrote:

> Preston,
>
> I came across this RSI indicator and am wondering how I can
program this
> in Metastock.
>

> Claud
>
> pumrysh wrote:
>
> > Claud,
> >
> > You are a man after my own heart.
> >
> > The RSI is already a zero based indicator. It fluctuates from 0
> > 100 with 50 as a midpoint. That is really part of its problem
> > because it is crammed into the 0 to 100 scale. This was a point
that
> > Baeyans picked up on. It is not normalized though like the
> > stochastic.
> >
> > If you subtract 50 from the RSI you will end up with a bipolar
> > scaling where 0 is the midpoint and it will have a positive /
> > negative deflection.
> >
> > The RSI Raw is a good starting point if you want to see the
actual
> > indicator without its wilders smoothing.
> >
> > Preston
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>, Claud Baruch
<claudba@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I would like to write a custom formula called zero base RSI.
> > > Simply put, the formula subtracts 50 from the daily RSI
reading.
> > > Any help is Greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Claud

<*> Your email settings: