Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Merry Xmas / Happy holidays to all

Joshik,

I really doubt the superiority of my collection. Here's why. After
playing with moving averages what you realize is that a lot of
the "new" indicators are really nothing more than a smoke and
mirrors version of an older indicator. Case in point is the Zerolag.
If you plot it and the standard metastock version of the DEMA you
will find they are one in the same.

So what's the benefit of the Zerolag? Its in being able to use the
formula in its long version to further exploit bits and pieces into
other indicators. The same holds true for other indicators as well.

Take the EMA and a Wilders. If you manipulate the lookback periods
you will find that they are the same as well, the only difference
being the lookback periods they use.

There are a few which I have that I cannot publish. The reason is a
committment which I made to a group of wonderful people not to do
so. To post their work would be breaking a promise and I will not do
that.

For the most part most of the work that has appeared in this group
is very good and in some cases quite unique. If you really want some
good indicators go back in the old message post and see what you
come up with. Remember that ALL messages for this group are saved
going all the way back to the very beginnings of the group. There is
also a good links section which you can refer to. It will take you
to any number of sites where you can find listings of indicators.
You should also try Roy Larsen and Jose' sites. They have a fine
library of indicators to choose from.

>From time to time TASC(Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities)
has done some articles on indicators and specifically on moving
averages. If I get some free time I will see if I can put together a
summary of some of those articles and post a file to the groups
section. Problem is that it will take a bit to do so; free time
being the limitation. In the mean time you might want to do a google
on Tillson and Ehlers to see what you can come up with.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stock market"
<stockmarket1974@xxx> wrote:

> Dear preston,
> i also found that AMA2 is the best and combination of AMA2 and
simple moving
> would be good. Again would like to know more about AMA2.
>
> Preston if you could just copy all the moving averages that you
have. it
> would be a great help for all those following this indicator. I
have a
> couple of them in my collection but feel that your collection is
gauranteed
> to be much superior.
>
> regards
> joshik
>
> On 12/26/06, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   David,
> >
> > On closer inspection your AMA2 is by far the better MA.
> >
> > Which leads to the question again of what is it?
> >
> > Your own, Kaufman's, or Ehler's?
> >
> > I have a number of MA's in my collection and the best of the lot
is
> > a gaussian. I would love to compare yours to it but without
knowing
> > what I'm comparing its a little tough.
> >

> > Preston
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <equismetastock%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "David Jennings"
> > <davidjennings@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Preston.
> > >
> > > AMA2 has a separate control of feedback which is nominally (1-
> > SMOOTHINGGFACTOR). Thus: today_ama = SMOOTHINGFACTOR * array +
> > FEEDBACKFACTOR * yesterday_ama.
> > >
> > > However, one can make the smoothing factor volatility related -
> > all good fun.
> > >
> > > Have a good one
> > >
> > > DJ

40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 5:49 PM
> > > Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Merry Xmas / Happy holidays
> > to all
> > >

> > > David,
> > >
> > > Thanks! Will take a closer look when I get a chance. What are
> > you using
> > > for the AMA2 formula.
> > >
> > > Preston
> > >
> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <equismetastock%
40yahoogroups.com>,

> > shots of
> > > different moving averages. I will be very interested in any
> > > observations. I'll leave the file in place for a week and them
> > remove
> > > it. In the meantime have a good Christmas and New Year.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)