[EquisMetaStock Group] TA analysis software comparisons

On 25 Dec 2006 11:41:06 -0000, "halfover" halfover@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>Please compare and contrast Metastock software with some of the other
>>TA products such as TC2007, Omnitrader, Vectorvest, etc.  There are
>>many packages available and I am having a difficult time sorting
>>through them all.

No software seems to do everything--each program has strengths and
weaknesses, depending on what the user wants.

Each of the above software you listed have forums on Yahoo. I suggest
you go to each of them, and read all the messages for the last 6
months or so. That will give you an idea of what frustrates users
about that particular software, and how active the user community is
(which is where you will get the most help).

Then try the ones you like on their free trial (most are 30-60 days),
remembering what the current users complained about most. That should
give you an idea of whether the program(s) meet your needs.

Several of the vendors have their own forums. There is often good
information there also. However, most of these are moderated by the
vendor, and often they will NOT post messages that point out problems,
or are uncomplimentary to the product in any way. So you may get a
one-sided view by just visiting them. The Yahoo forums present both
sides.

Harry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional