[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: TA analysis software comparisons

Amongst my clients (generally professional traders with limited available
time to deal with steep learning curves), MetaStock is the productivity
choice of software.

If trading is more than just a hobby and time is of the essence, MetaStock
offers a good balance between complexity (time overheads) and productivity
(time saved).

I also use AmiBroker - it is a continuously evolving charting software
with very fast and powerful functions.  Unfortunately its complexity and
steep learning curve take away from its usefulness in terms of
productivity.  For example, although I'm familiar with AB, it takes me
approximately 4x longer to code anything there as it would with MetaStock.

Marc, if time is valuable and trading is the priority, I suggest you
choose MetaStock.  If programming challenges are attractive to you, I
would suggest AmiBroker.  I can't comment on other charting software.

Finally, keep in mind that any chosen charting software is only a small
component of successful trading - it is just a time-saving tool, an
extension of our decision-making abilities.  A broad perspective,
understanding of the markets, experience, self-discipline, and a great
deal of persistent determination are far more valuable in this game.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "halfover" <halfover@xxx> wrote:

> Please compare and contrast Metastock software with some of the other
> TA products such as TC2007, Omnitrader, Vectorvest, etc.  There are
> many packages available and I am having a difficult time sorting
> through them all. Why did the members of this group choose Metastock
> over the other TA software?
> Thanks for you help, Marc.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional