[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: US Stocks and Seasonality

Seasonality is strong in some commodities, but usually they fail at
some stage due to unusual conditions.   The trick is to use
seasonality only when there are no other major influences at work.

Example:
http://www.metastocktools.com/#seasonal
"Seasonal market tendencies (for the Dow) are back on track after
being overwhelmed by (recent) relatively lower crude oil prices."

Beware of seasonality in stocks - often they are either non-existing
or too dynamic/complex to take advantage of.

Also beware of specific seasonality studies, such as "buy X on 12th
Jan and sell on 21st Jan" - these are usually the result of curve-
fitting.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brett Sinclair
<brett_j_sinclair@xxx> wrote:

>       Has anyone tried trading US stocks with seasonality patterns
> and then applying technical indicators for confirmation?
>
>         Looking at some free websites where seasonality is
> available and then just a cursory review with finance,yahoo.com
> charts or bigcharts leads me to believe that this should be a
> profitable approach (at least on the long side.
>
>   Thanks, Brett

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: