[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Pivot Point Formula

Wiro, there probably is no right or wrong way to code pivot support &
resistance, as these can be based on almost infinite combinations.

Take a look at the R3/S3 code at
http://www.metastocktools.com/MACDH/Forex.htm

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wiro
Hardy" <wiro.pribadi@xxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I need to plot a classic pivot point line/dot for the R3 and S3.
> I already have the code to display the PP, R1, R2, S1 and S2 (got
> it from trader.online.pl) as below:
>
> R#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (2*((H+L+C)/3) - H) +
> (2*((H+L+C)/3) - L);
> R#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - L;
> S#1:=2*((H+L+C)/3) - H;
> PP:=(H+L+C)/3;
> S#2:=((H+L+C)/3) - (((2*((H+L+C)/3) -
> L)-(2*((H+L+C)/3) - H)));
> R#2;
> R#1;
> PP;
> S#1;
> S#2;
>
> The calculation are as below (copy paste from wikipedia):
> *PP = (H+L+C)/3
> **R1 = (2*PP)-L**
> S1 = (2*PP)-H*
> *R2 = (PP-S1) + R1**
> S2 = PP - (R1 - S1)**
> R3 = H + 2*(PP - L)**
> S3 = L - 2*(H - PP)*
>
> The problem is everytime I code the R3 and S3, the result is
> different compare to some online pivot point calculator.
> Anybody please give me a advice what is the right code for R3 and
> S3 based on above formula?
>
> Many thanks.
> Wiro.

<*> Your email settings: