RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Coding request

Very helpful, thanks.

  _____

From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jose Silva
Sent: Wednesday, 8 November 2006 5:45 PM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Coding request

> (1) Will that code produce the result I want?

If your aim is to lose capital, it will indeed produce the result you
want.

> (2) Is there a more elegant way of producing the exact same result?

Yes.
From
http://finance.
groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/message/23176

---8<------------------------
ema:=Mov(C,30,E);
C>ema
AND Sum(ema>Ref(ema,-1),2)=2
AND Ref(ema,-2)<Ref(ema,-3);
---8<------------------------

jose '-)
http://www.metastoc <http://www.metastocktools.com> ktools.com

--- In equismetastock@ <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "John Nicholson" <johnnic@xxx>
wrote:

> Preston
>
> Thanks. At the risk of sounding ungrateful for your advice (which
> I'm certainly not) may I ask my original question again? I want to
> test the following trading plan.
>
> (1) The 30 week EMA breaks out from a downtrend or sideways
> trend and commences to trend upwards.
>
> (2) Once it has trended upwards for two weeks in a row, buy.
>
> (3) Provide a buy signal once and once only.
>

> My current coding, amended after reading Roy's comments, for the
entry is:

> C > Mov(C,30,E) AND
>
> (Mov(C,30,E) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1) AND
>
> Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2) AND
>
> Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2) < Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-3));
>

> My questions are:
>
> (1) Will that code produce the result I want?
>
> (2) Is there a more elegant way of producing the exact same
> result?
>

> As an aside, I have been playing with the effect of adjusting the
> decision based on the slope of the uptrend indicated in the first
> two weeks and there seems to be some potential there.
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> _____

<*> Your email settings: