RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Coding request

Preston

Thanks.  At the risk of sounding ungrateful for your advice (which I'm
certainly not) may I ask my original question again?  I want to test the
following trading plan.

(1)     The 30 week EMA breaks out from a downtrend or sideways trend and
commences to trend upwards.

(2)     Once it has trended upwards for two weeks in a row, buy.

(3)     Provide a buy signal once and once only.

My current coding, amended after reading Roy's comments,  for the entry is:

C > Mov(C,30,E) AND

(Mov(C,30,E) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1) AND

Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2) AND

Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2) < Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-3));

My questions are:

(1)     Will that code produce the result I want?

(2)     Is there a more elegant way of producing the exact same result?

As an aside, I have been playing with the effect of adjusting the decision
based on the slope of the uptrend indicated in the first two weeks and there
seems to be some potential there.

Regards

John

  _____