Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bullish trading days

Hi Jose

  Do you subscribe to the belief that bullish trading days occur at the end and the beginning of the month?  As per Gary Smith

  Regards

  Bill

Jose Silva <josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          John, the code below plots exactly the same signals:

---8<------------------------
ema:=Mov(C,30,E);
C>ema
AND Sum(ema>Ref(ema,-1),2)=2
AND Ref(ema,-2)<Ref(ema,-3);
---8<------------------------

Reiterating Roy's post, an exponential MA will always tick up when
the price is above it. With this in mind, a plain price/EMA
crossover will plot similar signals:

---8<------------------------
ema:=Mov(C,30,E);
Cross(C,ema)
---8<------------------------

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "johnnic1948" <johnnic@xxx>
wrote:

> Would someone please be kind enough to confirm that the following
> simple code does what I want it to do?
>
> If the closing price crosses above the 30 week EMA or is already
> above the EMA, and the EMA has turned upwards, then.....
>
> The code I have written is:
>

> (Cross(C,Mov(C,30,E)) OR C > Mov(C,30,E))
>
> AND
> (Mov(C,30,E) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1)
>
> AND
> Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-1) > Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2)
>
> AND
> Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-2) < Ref(Mov(C,30,E),-3));
>

> Even if it is correct, is there a more elegant way of achieving the
> same end?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

<*> Your email settings: