[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Exploring change in price vs a sepecific date.

PB, to determine an accurate RoC you will need to input the relevant
dates in your exploration columns A & B.

===============
RoC exploration
===============

ColA: YTD Roc
=============
---8<---------------------------

{ Rate of Change (RoC) YTD v1.0 }

{ Date inputs - today's date a year ago }
StDay:=06;    { Current Day of month, 1~31 }
StMnth:=11;   { Current Month, 1~12 }
StYear:=2005; { Previous Year, 1800~2200 }
method:=1;    { Method:  [1]%, [2]$points }

{©Copyright 2005-2006 Jose Silva.
  The grant of this license is for personal use
   only - no resale or repackaging allowed.
  All code remains the property of Jose Silva.
  http://www.metastocktools.com }

{ Data array }
x:=C;

{ Event date's signal }
date:=Year()>StYear
 OR (Year()=StYear AND (Month()>StMnth
 OR Month()=StMnth AND DayOfMonth()>=StDay));
event:=date AND Alert(date=0,2);

{ Event's Close value }
start:=Cum(IsDefined(event))=1;
eventVal:=ValueWhen(1,event OR start,x);

{ RoC since chosen event }
RoCper:=(x/eventVal-1)*100;
RoCpts:=x-eventVal;

{ Select % or $ method }
eventRoC:=If(method=1,RoCper,RoCpts);
eventRoC:=If(date,eventRoC,0);

{ RoC }
eventRoC

---8<---------------------------

ColA: Date RoC
==============
---8<---------------------------

{ Rate of Change (RoC) since past date v1.0 }

{ Date inputs }
StDay:=01;    { Day of month, 1~31 }
StMnth:=06;   { Month 1~12, }
StYear:=2006; { Year, 1800~2200 }
[...]

Filter
======
---8<-------------

ColA<>0 OR ColB<>0

---8<-------------

jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pbay01" <pbay01@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> Thanks for the reply, that's really neat.
>
> Is there any way to use the explorer instead to see a list of
> stocks' performance against a specific period.
> Example in ColA I will want to use the formula to see what are the
> % returns Year To Date.
> In ColB what are the % returns since a specific date in June etc...
> I tried to derive it from your formula but got lost somehow... :)
>
> PB
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@>
> wrote:
>
> Take a look at the "RoC since event/date" indicators from
> http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock
>
> "RoC since event/date - Rate of Change since user-defined event or
> date, fully adjustable outputs"
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pbay01" <pbay01@> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how I could use the expolorer to find details of a
> list of stocks' price change(%)compared to a specific date.
> Ex today's close vs close of 30 dec 2005, expressed in percentage
> terms. Itried using bar reference but I discovered that for stocks
> that a few days of suspension, the results differed.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PB

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional