Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Expert and Explorer from Hull Moving Average

Bobby,

I'll guide you but I won't do it for you.

Let's first consider what you have...its a moving average.
The long version is:

{Hull MA}
period:=Input("Period",1,200,20) ;
sqrtperiod:=Input("Square Root of Period",1,20,4);
Mov(2*(Mov(C,period/2,W))-Mov(C,period,W),sqrtperiod,W);
{end}

Notice that in the long version you have input options that are not
available in your shortened version. The biggest difference is in
the ability to change the square root lookback period. You can
square root the whole lookback period or just a few of them. Your
version defaults to 20 and the long version allows you to choose
from 4 to 20 periods.

What you should do is place the indicator on a chart and determine
what it is you will want to do with it. Do you want a simple cross
over system, macd type indicator or some other derivative formula?
You will also need to determine how you are going to approach the
lookback periods. Will you square root some of the lookback periods
or all of them.

Since you are really just looking at a moving average any formula
that uses moving averages is a possible candidate for the Hull MA.
What you would be doing is simply replacing the used MA with the
Hull MA. You can then decide how you wish to approach your expert
and explorer.

If you have not read the users manual or formula primer, I would
suggest that you begin there before preceeding any further.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stocks_bobby"
<stocks_bobby@xxx> wrote:

> Dera Lionel,
> No I do not have any additional material on it and I am also not
> proficient in coding so please help me
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@>
wrote:

> > Is  there any additional documentation for the Hull moving
average?

> > Lionel
> >

> >   _____

Moving
> Average
> >

> > Dear Memebrs,
> > The following is the formula for Hull Moving average-
> > ___________________6________________________________
> >
> > period:=Input("period",1,200,20); sqrtperiod:=Sqrt(period);
> > Mov(2*Mov(C,period/2,W) - Mov(C,period,W),LastValue
(sqrtperiod),W);

> > Can any body help me in coding this formula for making an expert
and
> > an explorer.I do not know anything abouit coding.
> > I would be indebted

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: