Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Ross Hook

jose'

I'm a little confused about Hindsight and the reply.

Very few indicators are hindsight-based.
Most do not change in value with each new data bar, unlike the Peak
()/Trough/ZigZag functions.

If most indicators do not change in value with each new data bar
would say – That they are all Hindsight Based. So if one was looking
for a crossover in an indicator, it is the result of previous
movement of the price. Hindsight.
Yes the Peak, Trough and the ZigZag can change with each new data
bar. The changes are not noted until after the Data bar or candle is
completed. Thus Hindsite, even the Ross Hook is hindsight.
It picks up candle position compared to the previous candle and then
position of the next candle for the confirmation.
I was looking into the Ross Hook and was wondering if anyone knows
of any development has taken place to adapt it to MS.

jr

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
<josesilva22@xxx> wrote:

> Hindsight:
> Understanding the nature of an event *after* it has happened.
>
> Very few indicators are hindsight-based.
> Most do not change in value with each new data bar, unlike the Peak
()/
> Trough/ZigZag functions.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jim" <james549@> wrote:
> >
> > I was just asking if anyone had looked into this before.
> > As far as hindsight - aren't all indicators hindsite-based? -
many
> > showing the same thing in different ways. They are based on
price
> > movement, averages and volume.
> >
> > jr
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> > <josesilva22@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmm... first glance it's totally useless for real trading, so
> > basing
> > > an exploration on these hindsight-based signals is a pointless
> > > exercise.
> > >

> > > jose '-)
> > > http://www.metastocktools.com

> Ross