[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Last bar's date in Explorations

Unfortunately the digit display format can only be altered in the
expert commentary.  Anywhere else you're stuck with no leading zeroes
and decimal values in the date output.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Doe" <ms001122@xxx>
wrote:

> Jose, thanks!
>
> I tried both mmddyy and yymmdd (I have nothing against the latter
> format).
> The problem with both is that:
> - the leading zero gets removed, so Sep 12, 2006 is written as
> 91206 (in mmddyy) and as 60912 (in yymmdd); they both look like US
> postal zip codes!
> It would be nice if the leading zero may not be dropped
> - it would be even nicer if the entire year could be preserved
> (as 2006, not as 06)!
> - 3 zeros get plotted after the date (so its actually 91206.000 in
> mmddyy format); they are useless - can they be removed?
>
> JD
> ==========================
>

> From: "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxx>
> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Last bar's date in Explorations
> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:46:16 -0000
>
> John, I would recommend that you wean yourself from the impractical
> MM/DD/YYYY date format (it cannot be easily sorted numerically), and
> adopt either of the dd/mm/yyyy or yyyymmdd standards.
>
> Anyway, the formula below plots mmddyy without any leading zeroes.
> Large numbers such as mmddYYYY result in precision errors in
> MetaStock, so I've truncated YYYY to YY.
> e.g.: 12th Sept 2006 will plot as (0)91206.
>
> =================
> mmddyy - last bar
> =================
> ---8<--------------------------------
>
> { http://www.metastocktools.com }
>
> { Last bar's signal }
> last:=Cum(1)=LastValue(Cum(1));
>
> { Signal's yymmdd value }
> yy:=ValueWhen(1,last,Year());
> yy:=Int(Frac(yy/100)*100+.5);
> mm:=ValueWhen(1,last,Month());
> dd:=ValueWhen(1,last,DayOfMonth());
> yymmdd:=LastValue(yy*10000+mm*100+dd);
> mmddyy:=LastValue(yy+mm*10000+dd*100);
>
> { Plot in own window }
> mmddyy
>
> ---8<--------------------------------
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Doe" <ms001122@>
> wrote:
>
> In some of my explorations, in one of the columns I would like to
> retrieve the date (in US format: MM/DD/YYYY) of the last bar; this
> would serve as a check that the security did trade on the last date
> like other securities. I know how to get Year(), Month(),
> DayOfMonth() etc. in individual columns but I would like to
> retrieve the entire date in 1 column. The answer is probably
> very simple but eludes me at the moment. Any help appreciated.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)