Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Creating an expert advisor

Hi Jose Silva,

  Thanks a lot for your help. I tried creating the expert advisor with your formula but was not able to make it successfully.

  First I was able to understand only the following part of your formula -
   SMA }
sma:=Mov(C,pds,S);

{ Bar crosses clear above SMA }
signalUp:=Cross(L,sma);

{ Breach of signal High }
signalHi:=ValueWhen(1,signalUp,H);
entry:=Cross(C,signalHi);

{ Bar crosses clear below SMA }
signalDw:=Cross(sma,H);

{ Breach of signal Low }
signalLo:=ValueWhen(1,signalDw,L);
exit:=Cross(signalLo,C);

  Apart from the above I could not understand the rest part of your formula..

  I created the above formulas and put the expert advisor on the scrip. But it was giving many signals (half correct and half wrong).

  Please advise me what should I do now and how should i make rest of your formula and what does that means.

  Thanks
  Ashish

Jose Silva <josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Ashish, below is your system signals indicator.

=============
Ashish system
=============
---8<-----------------------------

{ Ashish system trade signals v1.0

©Copyright 2006 Jose Silva.
For personal use only.
http://www.metastocktools.com }

{ User inputs for indicator output }
pds:=Input("SMA periods",1,252,50);
plot:=Input("Signals: [1]Clean, [2]All, [3]Trade binary",1,3,1);
delay:=Input("Entry and Exit delay",0,5,0);

{ SMA }
sma:=Mov(C,pds,S);

{ Bar crosses clear above SMA }
signalUp:=Cross(L,sma);

{ Breach of signal High }
signalHi:=ValueWhen(1,signalUp,H);
entry:=Cross(C,signalHi);

{ Bar crosses clear below SMA }
signalDw:=Cross(sma,H);

{ Breach of signal Low }
signalLo:=ValueWhen(1,signalDw,L);
exit:=Cross(signalLo,C);

{ Clean signals }
init:=Cum(IsDefined(entry+exit))=1;
bin:=ValueWhen(1,entry-exit<>0 OR init,entry);
long:=bin*(Alert(bin=0,2) OR entry*Cum(entry)=1);
short:=(bin=0)*(Alert(bin,2) OR exit*Cum(exit)=1);
signals:=long-short;

{ Plot in own window }
Ref(If(plot=2,entry,0),-delay);
Ref(If(plot=1,signals,
If(plot=2,-exit,bin)),-delay)

---8<-----------------------------

To reference the indicator's default signals in your expert advisor:

======
Trends
======
---8<------------------
y:=FmlVar("Ashish system","BIN");
buy:=y=1;
sell:=y=-1;
buy;
{sell}
---8<------------------

=======
Symbols
=======
---8<------------------
x:=Fml("Ashish system");
buy:=x=1;
sell:=x=-1;
buy;
{sell}
---8<------------------

If you are not sure about the necessary basics needed to implement
the above, please consult your MetaStock manual and/or the MetaStock
formula primer available from the files section.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ashish gupta <loveashu_1@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to create an expert advisor/indicator in metastock.
>
> Buy Signal
> Buy when a full bar is made above the 50 day Moving average
> (i.e. low of the bar should be above the 50 DMA) and high of that
> bar is breached.
>
> Sell Signal
> Buy when a full bar is made below the 50 day Moving average
> (i.e. high of the bar should be below 50 DMA) and low of that bar
> is breached.
>
> I know how to write equation for the bar above/below 50 DMA
> For Buy - Low > Mov(C,50,S)
> For Sell - High < Mov(C,50,S)
>
> but i dont know what and how to add the breach condition in the
> above formula.
>
> Please advise me how to do create this expert advisor.
>
> Thanx
>
> Regards,
> Ashish Gupta
>

> Ashish Gupta