Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Calculate 52-week range

Nicely done Roy,
I myself have no real idea if it works
but eye balling the math logic seems to
produce the results he would need. I'm learning
so nicely flowing code works wonders in helping.

I could be wrong on this but I love the easy
on the eyes to read code to make the percentages
in large numbers IE: 1.xx percent instead of .01xx
"100*Range/YearLow"

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen"
<rlarsen_quik@xxx> wrote:

> Hi John
>

> Try this as an exploration column. Make sure you include at least
275 bars of data. Minimum Records will not produce a useful result
and neither will securities with less than a full year of data
Always test the various stages (variables) of an exercise like this
in the Indicator Builder before attempting to run it in the Explorer.
It's much easier to troubleshoot an indicator than an exploration.

> A full explanation of the timing mechanism (Signal) will appear in
the September issue of MetaStock Tips & Tools.

> D:=DayOfMonth();
> A:=LastValue(D);
> M:=Month();
> B:=LastValue(M);
> Y:=M*31+D-(M>B OR (M=B AND D>A))*372;
> Signal:=Y<Ref(Y,-1);
> YearHigh:=LastValue(HighestSince(1,Signal,H));
> YearLow:=LastValue(LowestSince(1,Signal,L));
> Range:=YearHigh-YearLow;
> 100*Range/YearLow;
>

> Regards
>
> Roy