Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Moving Average changes depending on zoom level ?

Roy,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried what you said but this did not
change the result. When I add the 'moving average' indicator to my
bar chart (daily scale) I set the parameters for a 9 day EMA on price
close. Then when the pop up window displays I select "Display New
Scale on Left".

This puts a nice plot on top of my bar chart but still moves around
when I zoom in and out.. If I zoom in so that only one month is
displayed on the whole screen the 9EMA is just touching the bar of
todays price action for symbol IIIN. If I zoom out so that I see
about 3 months the 9EMA moves well below the bar for today.

I appoligize for my problem. I must have something simple out of
whack that I am missing.

Again.. kind regards.
Fp80

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen"
<rlarsen_quik@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Fp
>

> Make sure the  EMA is scaled to the same scale as the price chart.
Scaling can be to Left, Right or None. Mark a plot and then right
click on that plot to bring up the Scaling Options window. The button
setting is not the current setting but the next setting once you OK
the Scaling Options window.

> I tend to use the left scale for all things associated with price,
the right scale for equity curve or other values way outside the
price chart range, and no scale for binary signals. Just be aware
that horizontal lines (FALSE right across the chart for example) tend
to drop out of sight at the bottom of the window when unscaled.
Moving the cursor over that point shows when such a plot is present
but not visible.