Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Composite and Referencing

Rahul
     It's better to normalize dividing for the highest value of the
serie.
I'm not sure if it's possible.
Regards,
         Pablo

r> Hi

r> I know how to create a composite security of a stock against an index

r> Now what i would like to do is to reference all future dates of this
r> composite to the first date.

r> At a selected starting date divide the price of the stock by the
r> value of the index. Call the resulting number R1. ( i can do this
r> part)

r> Is this part possible in MS?

r> In order to normalize the subsequent R numbers (R2,
r> R3 ..........Rn), divide them by R1.

r> This normalizes the values to a starting value of 1.

r> ie MSFT spread against DOW

r> r1 = 01/01/06
r> r2 = 02/01/06
r> r3 = 03/01/06

r> Thanks in advance for your help,

r> I want the data as opposed to an indicator so i can run explorations
r> on the data

r>
r> Yahoo! Groups Links

r>