From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of superfragalist
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:16 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: CS Scientific Inc - Hybrid Trade Screen

Fuzzy Logic! There's nothing fuzzy in the formula except the hype.
It's a amazing how a password and calling something fuzzy logic will
make it seductively mysterious.

I posted an answer to this a couple of years ago because new MS users
love the CS charts, figure the formula is the key to nervana if they
could only modify it or incorporate into their expert and then they
start searching all over for the magical formula.

The formula's are simple moving averages.

Use a long MA like a 50 EMA and see if you don't get exactly the same
answers.

The last time I posted on this I was told I didn't know what I was
talking about. There were several posters who jumped in on the debate
and concluded the formulas were too precise to be simple moving
averages and so my "theory" was way off base.

Another fine example of the power of group think.

But moving averages aren't fuzzy logic? Really. Fuzzy logic uses
formulas based on statistical and probability functions to make
decisions. A moving average is a statistical function that changes
over time and has a buy and sell rule, hence it's a fuzzy logic
formula. A better execution of fuzzy logic is Kaufman's Adaptive
Moving Average.

So despite group think, CS is based on nothing more than moving averages.

Sorry to ruin the dream. There's a lot of fuzzy logic in trading. It's
everywhere.

Super

If you want stuff that's really good, unique and coded for you read
Roy's newsletter. The formula's aren't passworded or labeled with
mysterious terms like fuzzy logic. Well worth the price.

www.metastocktips.co.nz

--- In equismetastock@ <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, ashish gupta <loveashu_1@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is an expert advisor in Metastock namely CS scientific
Hybrid trade screen.

> This system uses some CSI Fuzzy Logic. Does anyone have any idea
what this system is all about and on what basis this system gives the
trade signals and what filters does the system uses.

> If anyone has any idea about this, please let me know as i am
trying to find out about this for quite some time now.