Re[2]: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: TSI

Bill,
      The fact that when the code is "transposed on to a chart as an
indicator nothing appears" is acording of "N/A" message of Explorer.
I think I understand the problem but I canīt explain you.

Paolo

br> Jose
br>
br>   Think there must be error in the coding as when (cola)
br> transposed on to a chart as an indicator nothing appears. Do I have to put in any numbers?
br>
br>   >Have noted True Strength Index (2) (and spelling)
br>
br>   >Data 2520 records loaded
br>
br>   >Coreect name of formula in place
br>
br>   Same problem for cola and colb
br>
br>   Regards
br>
br>   Bill
br>

br> Jose Silva <josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
br>           Bill, I can't replicate your exploration's N/A error at my end.

br> Try loading 2520 exploration records as suggested, and also note
br> reasons for rejection (if any) from the exploration's reject tab.

br> Also try plotting the indicator below a chart to see if it is
br> generating any errors.

>> Have got True Stremgth Index in place

br> Make sure that the indicator is named correctly:

br> True Strength Index

br> If by any chance you already had a "True Strength Index" in place
br> before copying & pasting my indicator code, the new TSI indicator
br> will be automatically renamed "True Strength Index(2)" by MetaStock,
br> and this will generate formula-referencing errors in your exploration.

br> jose '-)
br> http://www.metastocktools.com

br> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bill rook
br> <zipple_acre_udder@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> By matching the chart loaded periods to the exploration loaded
>> periods, both chart indicators and explorations will produce
>> identical results.
>>
>> jose '-)
>> http://www.metastocktools.com
>>

>> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bill rook
>> <zipple_acre_udder@> wrote:
>>
>> Jose
>>
>> Hi I m getting N/A in column A (had a hard day can t figure out
>> where I m going wrong) Any thoughts?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> Jose Silva <josesilva22@> wrote:
>> Bill, try this MS exploration:
>>
>> ColA: signals1
>> ==============
>> ---8<-----------------------------------
>> { TSI entering overBought/Sold zones }
>>
>> TSI:=Fml("True Strength Index");
>> oBought:=FmlVar("True Strength Index","OBOUGHT") ;
>> oSold:=FmlVar("True Strength Index","OSOLD") ;
>>
>> buy:=Cross(oSold,TSI);
>> sell:=Cross(TSI,oBought);
>>
>> buy-sell
>>
>> ---8<-----------------------------------
>>
>> ColB: signals2
>> ==============
>> ---8<-----------------------------------
>> { TSI leaving overBought/Sold zones }
>>
>> TSI:=Fml("True Strength Index");
>> oBought:=FmlVar("True Strength Index","OBOUGHT") ;
>> oSold:=FmlVar("True Strength Index","OSOLD") ;
>>
>> buy:=Cross(TSI,oSold);
>> sell:=Cross(oBought,TSI);
>>
>> buy-sell
>>
>> ---8<-----------------------------------
>>
>> Filter
>> ======
>> ColA<>0 OR ColB<>0
>>
>> The True Strength Index indicator, fully adjustable & with
>> automatic over-bought/sold levels, available here:
>> http://www.metastocktools.com/MetaStock/TSI.txt
>>
>> jose '-)
>> http://www.metastocktools.com
>>

>> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bill rook
>> <zipple_acre_udder@> wrote:
>>
>> Jose
>>
>> I ve been looking at your TSI indicator and wonder if you can
>> tell me of the necessary adjustments I would need to make in oder
>> to run an exploration of overbought/oversold shares crossing their
>> respective adjustable higher/lower levels.
>>

>> Bill
>>

>> Jose Silva <josesilva22@> wrote:
>>
>> Jony, you've left the Ref() function out of your formula:
>>
>> ---8<---------------------------
>> Ref(PDI(14),-1) > Ref(MDI(14),-1)
>> AND
>> Ref(ADX(14),-1) > Ref(ADX(14),-2)
>> ---8<---------------------------
>>
>> Likely alternative:
>> ---8<---------------------------
>> PDI(14) > MDI(14)
>> AND
>> ADX(14) > Ref(ADX(14),-1)
>> ---8<---------------------------
>>
>> jose '-)
>> http://www.metastocktools.com
>>

>> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jony gila
>> <hypersteroid2000@> wrote:
>>
>> does any one know what is not right with this formula

br>

br>
br>  All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of Vi@xx@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

br> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

br>
br> Yahoo! Groups Links

br>

Best regards,