Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Weekly/Daily buy signal on system tester

John and Rodolfo

I created a series of weekly indicators for EOD charts in the hope that it would help fill this particular need. Before you rush off and copy all the weekly formulas from my website there are a few things you should know.

Some weekly formulas written in MFL must use PREV. EMA and MACD are typical examples. Running these weekly indicators as part of an EOD exploration requires that the number of records scanned be at least 5 times what you would otherwise use for a daily or weekly exploration. When this is combined with PREV you'll often have a situation where running a daily AND a weekly exploration is much quicker than just one exploration using resource-intensive code.

You should also be aware that there are sources of DLL based longer timeframe indicators (some free and some not). A DLL based indicator should not impose any significant overheads other than requiring 5 times as many EOD bars to generate accurate weekly EMAs (for example). I think Power Pivots is one source of a dll that will do the trick, and there is a poster on the Equis Forum who has a free DLL that does a similar job (his alias escapes me for the moment).

Just ask if you'd like me to adapt or add to the collection of formulas already on my website.

Regards

Roy
www.metastocktips.co.nz