[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help with Exploration formula

jony,

It works if  you have the DLL installed. Copies of the DLL are in
the files section of this group or the Equis Forum downloads
section. More than having the DLL though you should try to
understand how the formula works. The formula is simply the RSI of
the vt variable. So you could write:

Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,S))*10;
RSI(vt,14);

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jony gila
<hypersteroid2000@xxx> wrote:

> HI pumrys the formula doesn't work. This is  because meta doesn
identify  forum DLL code??????

> pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Maybe this will
help.

> Dynamic Momentum Index (DMI)

> The Dynamic Momentum Index (DMI) was developed by Tushar Chande
and
> Stanley Kroll. The indicator is covered in detail in their book
The
> New Technical Trader.
>
> The DMI is identical to Welles Wilder's Relative Strength Index
> except the number of periods is variable rather than fixed. The
> variability of the time periods used in the DMI is controlled by
the
> recent volatility of prices. The more volatile the prices, the
more
> sensitive the DMI is to price changes. In other words, the DMI
will
> use more time periods during quiet markets, and less during active
> markets. The time periods the DMI can reach is around a maximum of
30
> and a minimum of 3. The volatility index used in controlling the
time
> periods in the DMI is based on a calculation using a five period
> standard deviation and a ten period average of the standard
> deviation. The advantage of using a variable length time period
when
> calculating the RSI is that it overcomes the negative effects of
> smoothing, which often obscure short-term moves.
>
> In this indicator the option to use a bipolar index is also
> introduced. The formula for a bipolar index is Bipolar =( up -
> down ) / ( up + down )
>
> Interpretation:
> Chande recommends using the DMI much the same as the RSI. However,
> because the DMI is more sensitive to market dynamics, it often
leads
> the RSI into overbought / oversold territories by one or two days.
>
> Like the RSI, look for overbought (bearish) conditions above 70
and
> oversold (bullish) conditions below 30. However, before basing any
> trade off of strict overbought/oversold levels using DMI or any
> overbought/oversold indicator, Chande recommends that you first
> qualify the trendiness of the market using indicators such as r-
> squared or CMO. If these indicators suggest a non-trending market,
> then trades based on strict overbought/oversold levels should
produce
> the best results. If a trending market is suggested, you can use
the
> DMI to enter trades in the direction of the trend.
>
> Formula:
>
> {Dynamic Momentum Index (DMI)}
> {written by Preston Umrysh}
> {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum
Crew}
> {http://forum.equis.com)}
> x:=Input("normal ouput=1 Biplolar index=2",1,2,1);
> Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,S))*10;
> Umom:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
> Dmom:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
> UPS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Umom,Vt);
> DNS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Dmom,Vt);
> SumU:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",UPS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> SumD:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",DNS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> RS:=SumU/SumD;
> DMnm:=100-(100/(1+RS));
> DMIn:=(SumU-SumD)/(SumU+SumD);
> If(x=1,DMnm,DMin); {end}
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jony gila
> <hypersteroid2000@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks a lot for all the tips. I really touch by all your
kindness.
> I just purchase a metastock . so I really dont know anything. I
try
> to spend some quality time right now to understand the language
> arrangement a part of my post grade study.
> >
> > Ok, I got a question in regards to DMI i.e. what is the function
> of DMI. IF say I like to make a D - which is the red line in DMI.
> how do I programe it separate from the 3 line ???? does anyone
> know?????
> >

> > regards,
> >
> > jony
> >
> > kctongcs <kctongcs@> wrote:
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Athena Research"
> <athena.
> > investments@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Jony,
> > >
> > > Anything can be coded into Metastock Language. If it seems to
be
> > very tougher, then, at last, we can code into C++ DLL and use
those
> > functions into Metastock.
> > >
> > > I tried to learn TradeStation Easy Language(ela) but as I
don't
> have
> > TradeStation, I could not experiment with its language. One easy
> way I
> > learnt by ela is, write all the rules in simple English Language
in
> > steps from TradeStation language code and then try to code each
> step.
> > >
> > > Thanks and Regards,
> > > Amit Trivedi
> > > President & CEO
> > > Athenasolutionz.com - "We sell hope, in the stock market."
> >
> > Amit,
> >
> > You are absolutely right about putting down the rules into
simple
> > English language - something like the olden days programming
> language
> > called "BASIC". If I remember right, this process is
called "pseudo-