[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to do the Math?

> Does anyone know how to express r in term of F and A?
> F=A*((1+r)^n-1)/r

Eric,

Please make life more simple for those who might want to provide
assistance by providing a link to the original formula (if this
formula is not of your own design - which I doubt else you would be
able to solve it yourself!) or a FULL explanation of what the formula
is supposed to be doing, and all of the known limits.

This (seemingly, relatively) complicated formula comes with a whole
pile of restrictions, like r<>0, r<>-1, F<>0 which you don't mention
or seem to care about?

Also, because different people and software packages might not
implement the proper operator precendence and order in the same way,
you are advised to include more parenthesis to avoid confusion:

is the problem:

F = A*((1+r)^n-1)/r
i.e.
(F*r)/A = (1+r)^(n-1)

OR

F = A*(((1+r)^n)-1)/r
i.e.
1+((F*r)/A) = (1+r)^n

????

There is a BIG difference.  If I use SN to analyse the problem I get
one result, if I use ML I get another.  Which is right? They both are,
because the question itself is wrong!

If you give me a straight through email address I might send you some
possible solutions, AFTER you clarify the problem.  (The solutions are
 graphical and cannot be posted here)