[EquisMetaStock Group] I've recently spent almost $3,000

Hello. I'm from England and over the past few months, from memory,
I've spent about £1,500-£1,600 (about $2,700-$2,900) on investment
items. In case you're about to spend some money, here's what I think
of what I've bought.

1) MS7.2 - MS9.1 upgrade;
2) Reuters 1 year EOD UK data;
3) TradeSim Enterprise;
4) MSTT back issues and subscription.
5) ICE;
6) Spyglass;
7) MS Performance Systems Plus.

1) and 2). Well, you obviously need Metastock and data.

3) Tradesim Enterprise is excellent value. Although I'm still going
through the learning curve, I wouldn't now be without it.

4) MSTT (MetaStock Tips and Tools) is fantastically excellent value.
My primary interest is in systems/strategies rather than, eg, code.
And there's been so much of relevance to me as well. The support
forum is outstanding.  For me, MSTT is traders' heaven. I get the
articles, forum emails and specific, relevant advice to me. Roy
Larsen's praises have been deservedly sung before. Let me tell you
that Jim/Value Line is worth a chorus or three as well! If you are
interested, go to http://www.metastocktips.co.nz. There's no doubt in
my mind that MSTT is worth much, much more than the near $3,000 that
I've spent.

5) Following MSTT advice, I've put the major use of ICE on the back
burner though I will be employing part of it. NB this advice might
not be applicable to you because you might have different trading
styles/methods etc.

6) There were a couple of recent articles in MSTT about developing a
specific system. This simple statement substantially undersells the
articles since they total about 37 pages and include backtesting
results etc etc etc. Because of these articles, and other views on
the MSTT forum, I'm going to buy Spyglass - primarily for ERSA.

7) In order to try to give something back to the MSTT forum, I'm
currently backtesting the 80 Performance Systems Plus systems (some
included free with Metastock and some available as an add-on) and
posting the results there.

If some of the above has been useful to you, make the world a better
place and smile at somebody you don't know today. (But try not to get
arrested.)
Regards.
David.