Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Data is up to date

Hi Mormax

Here's an idea you could try. This indicator/exploration filter combination requires Mark Pyle's GlobalVar dll (GV.DLL) to be install in MS versions 7..0 or above. The DLL is available at a number or locations or it can be obtained directly from me - rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

The indicator can be named whatever you want (so that it is easily found among hundreds of other indicators), and dropped onto any chart which has the most recent data bar loaded. It reads date values for the last bar on that chart and stores them as "global" variables. These values can then be retrieved by any indicator, exploration, expert or systems test during the current MetaStock session.

The filter that follows the indicator should be integrated with any existing exploration filter or used as the basis for a new filter.

Hopefully this will meet your needs. If not then I'm confident that appropriate adjustments could be made.

Regards

Roy
www.metastocktips.co.nz

  {Set Last Date Values}
  {© 2004-2006 Roy Larsen}
  {www.metastocktips.co.nz}

  {Open selected index or security and}
  {store its last-bar date parameters.}
  {Use in conjunction with an exploration}
  {and the "Last Date Values" filter.}

D:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","ScanDay",LastValue(DayOfMonth()));
M:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","ScanMonth",LastValue(Month()));
Y:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","ScanYear",LastValue(Year()));

  {Plot day, month and year (unscaled). }
  {Hold cursor over any plot to read the}
  {date parameters stored by this indicator.}
D; M; Y;

  {Alternative plot}
{Sin(Cum(5));}
{** end of indicator **}

  {Exploration Filter}
  {Last Date Values}
  {© 2004-2006 Roy Larsen}
  {www.metastocktips.co.nz}

  {Use in conjunction with the}
  {"Set Last Date Values" indicator.}

D:=LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","ScanDay"));
M:=LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","ScanMonth"));
Y:=LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","ScanYear"));
D=DayOfMonth() AND M=Month() AND Y=Year()
{AND V>0} {AND} {additional filter conditions};
{** end of exploration filter **}