Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Need a Metastock formula to select stock in uptrends

Ben
   I tested your plan BUT if I use the C<EMA200 condition I do not
select ANY security. So it is inside {}

ColA
====

EMA200:=Mov(C,200,E);
EMA100:=Mov(C,100,E);
EMA50:=Mov(C,500,E);
EMA20:=Mov(C,20,E);
cond:= C>EMA100 AND C>EMA50 AND C>EMA20 { AND C<EMA200 };
cond;

Filter
======

ColA<>0

b> Filter out all stocks that are above their

b> 200 day
b> 100 day
b> 50 day
b> 20 day  moving average

b>  and you will automatically get only those that are in an uptrend.

b> you can also pplay around and e.g. select stocks that are below their
b> 200 day MA but positive above all the other MA - these are possible
b> reversal candidates that might experience strong appreciation when
b> they manage to stay above their 200 d MA.

b> Also, you can of course adjust the day lengths - 144 instead of 100 or
b> 233 or 200 (Fibonacci numbers).

b> Play around - it is a powerful tool.

b> Best Ben

b> Yahoo! Groups Links