[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Time Calculation and Testing in Intraday charts

Amit, use the time-based filter available from
http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock

Indicator section:
"Calendar-based reference indicators"

Indicator/code link:
"Time filters - Date & Intraday time filters, with user date/time
inputs & sample application"

> Athenasolutionz.com - "We sell hope, in the stock market."

Please, don't sell any part of my code with your hope, eh?  :p

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Athena
Research" <athena.investments@xxx> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to write a code that should provide Buy/Sell Signal
with in a time frame in intraday bars. I tried to use Hou() and
Minute() functions to find time of current bar but it seems it doesnt
work. Depending on my conditions, I get Buy/Sell signals for all day.
The following is the Extract of my code that I tested. Please correct
this code on how to test time in intraday bars. Frequency of bars
doesn't matter, any periodicity from 5 min to 60min will do....

> Below is the Indicator Code that I am trying to test. In Expert
Advisor, I am calling these Function Variables and Parameters Only.
Please suggest where I made mistakes...

> Thanks in Advance...
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Amit Trivedi
> President & CEO
> Athenasolutionz.com - "We sell hope, in the stock market."
>

> {Define Parameters}
>
> Length := Input("Value of Length for Lookback Periods", 1,10,5);
> SHr := Input("The Starting Hour for Entering Trade", 8, 13,9);
> LHr := Input("The Value of Last Hour for Entering Trade", 8,16,14);
> Lmin := Input("The Value of First and Last Minute for Entering
Trade", 00,59,55);

> {Define Local Variables}
> LongPos := 0; ShortPos := 0; Posize := 100; Cum(LongPos)= 0;
Cum(ShortPos)= 0; lookback := Length*2;

> BuyLong := Condition1 AND Condition3;
> BSL := ((( Posize*BuyLong) - 1500)/Posize); {-- BuyStop loss of
Rs.1500 for position size of 100.}
> SS := Condition2 AND Condition3;
> SSL := ((( Posize*SS)+1500)/Posize); {-- Sell Stop loss of Rs.1500}
>

> { -----------*------- Program Begins -----------*----------}
>
> {Check Time for Entering Trade}
>
> If( (DayOfMonth() AND Month()) AND (Hour() >=SHr AND Minute() >=
Lmin) AND (Hour() <= LHr AND Minute()<= Lmin),
> {Then} {This Condition is for getting Buy/Sell Signal for Today
only, Previous Days' Signals should not be displayed on Chart}
> If( Condition3 <>0),
> {Then}
>
>         If( Cum(LongPos) = 0 AND Cum(ShortPos) = 0,
>         {Then}
>             If( H >= BuyLong,
>             {Then}
>                 BuyLong AND Cum(LongPos) = Cum(LongPos)+1 AND
Cum(ShortPos)= Cum(ShortPos)-1 AND
>                 BSL,
>             {Else}
>                 BuyLong = 0 AND BSL = 0),
>         {Else IF}
>
>             If( L <= Condition2,
>             {Then}
>                     SS AND Cum(SP)= Cum(SP)+1 AND Cum(LP)= Cum(LP)-
1 AND {SP = ShortPos, LP = LongPos}