RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Consolidation Indicator

Try Bollinger bands using upper band minus lower band with your desired look
back period.

  _____

From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of mmbbrr79
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:53 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Consolidation Indicator

I've been working on writing an indicator that will show whether or
not a stock has been trading in a tight range or loose range. Does
anyone have any recommendations on an existing indicator that performs
this task? My time frame would be from 21 to 50 lookback days.
Here's what I've come up with so far. I apply a 21 EMA to this
indicator. If the indicator is falling, or is below, say, .2, it
indicates a tight range. If above this level, a loose range. Please
feel free to suggest changes to improve its accuracy. Thanks much,

((((HHV(C,9) - LLV(C,9)) / LLV(C,9))) +
(((HHV(C,50) - LLV(C,50)) / LLV(C,50))) +
(((HHV(C,21) - LLV(C,21)) / LLV(C,21)))) / 3

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM