RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Automatic Split Detection

The problem here is you need to detect:

1.       Splits

2.       Stock dividends/Bonus Issues

3.       Reverse Splits / Consolidations

4.       Spinoffs/demergers

5.       Capital returns

By looking at a price chart, you cannot definitively deduce any of these
events.

Eg. I've seen a stock that puts out a bad earnings report lose 33% of its
value in one day.  Is this a 2 for 3 split?

Find yourself a decent data vendor that does all of these automatically for
you.  It will cost you money to subscribe to such a data vendor, but if you
are serious about analyzing the data you should be serious about its source.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net

m> Hello,
m> I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a program or process that will
m> automatically detect splits that have occurred in a collection of
m> Metastock DAT files. I download data from Yahoo and have come across
m> quite a few stocks that give false signals due to splits that were not
m> recorded. Any help would be appreciated!
m> - M

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM