Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Creating 50 EMA Above/Below Ratio

Hi mmbbrr79
            Please try this:

lookback:=100;
EMA:=Mov(C,50,E);
DaysAbove:=Sum(If(C>EMA,1,0),lookback);
DaysBelow:=Sum(If(C>EMA,1,0),lookback);
Ratio:=DaysAbove/DaysBelow;

I'm not sure if it will work for the past 100 days
I hope it works!
(In my machine I've problems using Sum() function)

Cheers,
        pablo

Ps: if DayBelow is cero then Ratio is not possible to calculate.

m> Hello,
m> I'm attempting to write a simple formula that counts the number of
m> days that the close has been above or below its 50 EMA, for the past
m> 100 days.  I'd then like to take these numbers and compute the ratio
m> of days spent above/days spent below the 50 EMA.
m> Any suggestions?
m> Thanks,
m> M

m> Yahoo! Groups Links