[EquisMetaStock Group] ver 9.0 - computing erronous values for Exponential Moving Averages

Hi All,

I invite you to give your feedback & suggestions. I use a ver 9.0
Metastock Pro package. I typically run an exploration to calculate
various exponential moving averages on my focus list. I do this on the
daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly time frames. When i matched the
values generated by the Exploration Query with the actual value(of the
EMA) as displayed on the Chart, i found that it tallied exactly on the
Daily & Quarterly time frames but was giving wrong values for the
weekly & monthly time frames. I have set the data loading option at
250 time periods. I ran the query to calculate the 4 period EMA.

Somebody i spoke to, said that this seems to occur in ver 9.0 and that
ver 9.1 is fine. I remember getting the right values on all time
frames even as recently as last month. So it is rather surprising to
encounter this glitch.

Can anybody tell me if they have experienced it too?If so, apart from
upgrading my version, is there any other alternative?

Thanks in advance

vatsan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM