[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: The Metastock code published for the APE article (TASC April 2006) incorrect?

"APE Alpha i get a log overflow error.
 How do you fix this??"

I would fix this by challenging the Alpha ape directly in a battle to
the death, or by convincing someone else to challenge this gorilla for
top dog position.  ;)

jose,
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "formulaprimer"
<formulaprimer@xxx> wrote:

> APE Alpha i get a log overflow error.
> How do you fix this??
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> <josesilva22@> wrote:
>
> The posted default Average Peak Excursion formula is the same as:
>
> Max(H-O,O-L)
>
> ...which is basically measuring the inverse relationship of the
> Open to the bar's range (H-L).  Increasing the original indicator's
> periods just increases the measured period range.
>
> To average the "Peak Excursion", I would do this:
>
> pds:=Input("Averaging periods for APE",1,260,21);
> Mov(Max(H-O,O-L),pds,S)
>

> I guess that the author intends to measure bar peak excursions
> (aka Dr Elder's kangaroo tails) as measured from the Open, but I
> would prefer to measure this from the (arguably more valid) Close.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, biobuck <no_reply@> wrote:
>
> Am I the only one think that the Metastock code published is
> incorrect?
>
> I don't see the code did anything to "AVERAGE" the peak excursion
> for a given data series.  Could anyone please confirm this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> biobuck

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM