Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Why 1~3% risks for investment ?

I think that people use a fixed amount because of simplicity, not because  of
any backtesting, simulation, etc.

Read some works by Ralph Vince ie. money management techniques.  It's  an eye
opener...

This should be tested like everything else.

Obviously, if the trading strategy is a loser, then 0% of equity should be
traded.

Drawdowns, or can you sleep at night, is also a factor, although Vince
points out max drawdown is a function of randomness.... (ie. if your system
trading is random)

Suggest you dig into this.... very deep subject and and have seen no one
volunteer any stats for a given system.  I've done some research, but not  near
enough..... but have been bit hard...

Money management can make or break you and it is system/security  specific.

Kevin Campbell

In a message dated 2/27/2006 10:37:24 AM Central Standard Time,