[EquisMetaStock Group] Re : composite securities

Thanks for the tip, Dusant.
Seems like just what I was looking for.
Incidentally, could not find any reference to the
security() function in the metastock manual. Are there
some more functions like this which are not listed in
the manual and is there some place where can I find a
list of them.
Regards,
Hormuz
PS: Larry, thanks for the tip on HOLDRS, but I am
based in India. Am sure it will help when I graduate
to trading stocks in the US.

-----------------------------------
Lionel,
I used the word "composite" loosely, and not as a word
out of the
Metastock classification.
It is true that you can create an indicator using the
security()
function.
Let us say you want to create an index of the
pharmaceutical companies.
Choose 4 of the top traded pharma stocks and
add/average their closes
in this manner.
(security("c:\Data Directory\xyz",c) +
security("c:\Data Directory\xyx",c) +