RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Question on color coding price & volumn

Mr. Tomlinson / superfragilistic,

There is one logical way to separate the
buying volume from the selling volume. <span
> We assume that if the offer is taken then
it constitutes a buy and if the bid is given then it constitutes a sell. There
is a counter running that cumulates the volumes on the bid and on the offer. One
usually gets a very good indication of what the dominant pressure is and where
there is a pressure shift by plotting the difference of these two running
totals. This is also great for picking up accumulation and distribution days when
a divergence occurs. Price goes up on net negative volume (volume at bids are
greater) on a distribution day and vice versa. Obviously this works only on
intraday data with tick volume. My two bits for what its
worth. Hope it helps.

Best Regards,<font
color=navy>

Vignesh Eswar<font
color=navy>

From: Andrew Tomlinson
[mailto:andrew_tomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent<span
>: <st1:date Month="6" Day="17"
Year="2004">Thursday, June 17, 2004<font size=2
face=Tahoma> <st1:time
Hour="1" Minute="57">1:57 AM<span

To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock
Group] Question on color coding price & volumn

>Superfragalist<font size=2
face="Courier New">

No offense taken, particularly as I have only just
understood the point you
are trying to make (my slowness, not yours).
Actually I'm still a little
confused - as there is a buyer and a seller to
every trade, how can you
separate out the volume associated with buys from
that associated with
sells? The only thing close that I can think of
are the indicators that try
to allocate volume according to the nature of the
price move, like Chaiken
Money Flow, or which track the size of trades on
up or down ticks, like
Birinyi's Money Flow Index, so as to try to take a
guess at separating
customer from dealer volume. What am I missing?

Andrew