RE: [Metastockusers] yahoo's data to metastock?

Thanks
Dusant.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
My previous use of
Yahoo data required me to have  the data folders populated, and only these
could be downloaded.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
I'll give the "look
up symbol" a shot.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Regards
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dusant
[mailto:dusant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 1:51
AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[Metastockusers] yahoo's data to metastock?
Lionel,
I did this smartdownloader setup as a favour
for a friend. He had done some homework and created a csv file with all the
symbols as used by Yahoo for the Indian stock market, using the yahoo "look
up symbol" link.
I assume that the files created on your PC will
also have the ticker symbols as allocated by the exchanges. Reuters or Yahoo
follow the same symbols.
So as far as I assume, you can just install the
software, start downloader, select all the subdirectories which you want to
update and go ... it should download the data.
Please remember to back up your data files before
you take any action.
DusantChief Architect<A
href="">http://www.candlestrength.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE