Re: Multi-time frame explorations

Adrian Pitt asked:

> Can someone inform me if its possible to do multi-timeframe explorations
> in Metastock.  Such as doing a search for stocks that have an RSI < 30 on
> the
> daily and an RSI < 30 on the weekly.  Its my perception from looking at
the
> program that you can't.  Am I missing something obvious?

Alas, no.  The only option is to set up two different securities,
StockNameDaily
and StockNameWeekly, and then use the SECURITY function to refer to the
one used to filter trades on the active security.  No, it's not obvious.  Or
convenient.  Or particularly useful, especially if you try to trade it in
real time.

The alternative, of course, is to use RSI(Length) on the daily and
RSI(5*Length)
as a proxy for a weekly RSI.  It's sometimes better than nothing.

Owen Davies