  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 11:59
  AM
  Subject: RE: SYSTEM TESTING
  I have heard many discuss Amibroker's capabilities.But
  what about data?  Where does Amibroker get their data?  What does
  itcost?  How far back does their historical data go?  Do they
  handle futuresdata and testing?
  Options?Rick-----Original Message-----From: <A
  href="mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of John RSent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 4:39 PMTo: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  Re: SYSTEM TESTINGI recommend you get the Amibroker product for
  $69. Don't be fooled by theprice - this is a very professional piece of
  software. See www.amibroker.comfor
  full info.Amibroker Formula Language is highly compatible with
  Metastock Formulalanguage (but much more powerful) so you should have
  little troubleconverting your systems and formulas. Amibroker system
  tester handlesmutliple stocks, long and shorts and much more.I use
  Metastock, AIQ and Amibroker. IMO Amibroker is by far and away thebest all
  round product. Metastock charts are still the best (for themomentat least)
  and the MS drag and drop user interface make it easy toprototype systems.
  But Basic MS is hopeless as serious system testing toolin my view. There
  are techniques available (which have been posted on thislist before) which
  you can use to "squeeze" more useful system testing outof MS but I've
  always found these error prone and limited. Alternativelythere are a few
  3rd party add-on products which give MS some multi-stocktesting facility
  (www.debry.com  <A
  href="http://www.holygrailsoftware.com";>www.holygrailsoftware.com)As
  far as AIQ is concerned IMO it is weak on charts and their rule based
  EDSformula language is both restrictive and quirky. AIQ system
  testingcapabilities are also poor and most users rely on a 3rd party
  Tradeitprogram to add the necessary facilities. Personally I don't bother
  withsystem testing via AIQ now as I found too many problems with the
  EDSlanguage.Other TA products I have tried which you may want to
  checkout which offermulti-stock system testers:-Byte Into The
  Market    <A
  href="http://www.tarnsoft.com";>www.tarnsoft.comTechnifilter
  Plus            <A
  href="http://www.rtrsoftware.com";>www.rtrsoftware.comHope this
  helpsNo affiliation with any companies or products mentioned other than
  user.John----- Original Message -----From: "Joel Beck"
  <beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <<A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
  Friday, December 21, 2001 8:05 PMSubject: RE: SYSTEM
  TESTING> The only software that I know of that does this is
  AIQ's Trading Expert> Pro.>> I have the software
  primarily for this purpose.>> I can't wait until Equis puts this
  functionality into MetaStock. (Hint,> hint if they're
  listening.)>> Joel>> -----Original