Re: Brokers

I am in Canada using the US office of ED & F Mann and yes it is excellent.  Here is the web address http://www.manfutures.com/ At 11:56 AM 12/22/01 +0000, you wrote: FWIW, I use ED & F Mann in the UK as a futures broker. They are first class. I beleive they have a US office. They might well be woirth a look. ----- Original Message ----- From: neo To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 3:39 PM Subject: Brokers Theo   I currently have Datek but may add another broker. I have found a # of broker review sites. If interested let me know and I can either answer privately or post them to the list.   neo   -----Original Message----- From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of theo lockefeer Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 5:56 AM To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: shorting not possible ...... Neo   1) Thanks for the info. 2)  it is very painfull that REFR cannot be shorted (maybe today :) )     because it is "a beauty of a short" :     essential : easy moneymaking. 3)  Good to know that it is rare with Datek. 4) still think they can -especially because it is rare-      more consumer friendly by f.i. making a special arrangement     with collegue-brokers. 5) there email support is quick in replying but slow     in answering. 6) this said i am general satisfied about Datek.   Happy Christmas and a properous 2002 to all my metastock friends.   Theo Lockefeer.   ----- Original Message ----- From: neo To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 10:26 PM Subject: RE: shorting not possible ...... Theo   I have had that happen with Datek on occasion but it has been rare.   neo   -----Original Message----- From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of theo lockefeer Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 2:59 AM To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: shorthing not possible ...... Hello friends:   I wanted to short REFR (based on research) but Datek doesnot has long positions on it so i cannot short it : does anyone of you had simular expiriences with (other) stocks and (other) brokers ? Is the only solution taking another broker ?   Thanks Theo L.