Re: SYSTEM TESTING

I recommend you get the Amibroker product for $69. Don't be fooled by the
price - this is a very professional piece of software. See www.amibroker.com
for full info.

Amibroker Formula Language is highly compatible with Metastock Formula
language (but much more powerful) so you should have little trouble
converting your systems and formulas. Amibroker system tester handles
mutliple stocks, long and shorts and much more.

I use Metastock, AIQ and Amibroker. IMO Amibroker is by far and away the
best all round product. Metastock charts are still the best (for the
momentat least) and the MS drag and drop user interface make it easy to
prototype systems. But Basic MS is hopeless as serious system testing tool
in my view. There are techniques available (which have been posted on this
list before) which you can use to "squeeze" more useful system testing out
of MS but I've always found these error prone and limited. Alternatively
there are a few 3rd party add-on products which give MS some multi-stock
testing facility (www.debry.com  www.holygrailsoftware.com)

As far as AIQ is concerned IMO it is weak on charts and their rule based EDS
formula language is both restrictive and quirky. AIQ system testing
capabilities are also poor and most users rely on a 3rd party Tradeit
program to add the necessary facilities. Personally I don't bother with
system testing via AIQ now as I found too many problems with the EDS
language.

Other TA products I have tried which you may want to checkout which offer
multi-stock system testers:-

Byte Into The Market    www.tarnsoft.com
Technifilter Plus            www.rtrsoftware.com

Hope this helps
No affiliation with any companies or products mentioned other than user.

John