Re: floating weekly data

Lionel

Be very careful about backtesting trading system formulas that make
decisions based on floating x number of days. Because the floating value can
change as each new bar is added this is rather akin to using
Peak()/Trough()/ZigZag(). Historical results can look amazing but cannot be
achieved.

I've been down this track and am convinced that data must be anchored
(referenced) to some point in the past. This is not to say that looking at
the last 5 days is of no use when examining a chart.

Roy