System Performance.

I've been lurking for about eighteen months and
have found the list invaluable so thank you all; I've learned more here than
from any other single source....... and I needed to... having lost 30% of my
stake in the first twelve months.

For the past six months I have been using a system
based on the money management and risk discussions earlier this year and a
modified Steve Karnish/ Bollinger exploration which suits my temperament (I use
weeks rather than days or ticks).

Following Jean-Jacques post on System Performance
and Trading Edge I've just analysed my last 33 trades (all long and all on the
Australian exchange) and get a figure of 12.23 but am not very clear as to
how this should be interpreted.  Obviously the higher the number the better
but without any other system against which to compare my result how should I
view it ?

Is 12.23 good or bad, mediocre or outstanding
?

What does 12.23 really mean ?  Should it be
seen as a Risk/ Reward number (or rather a Reward against Risk number)
?

Any comments/comparisons would be
appreciated.

Charles Brodley