Re: System low on resources

The explanation of Jay Cruce is correct. If you
have enough of RAM, the problem probably is the System
Resources.

Win9x and Win ME reserve a fixed
(small) amount of memory for the System Resources. Programs should release
all the used System Resources, so it can be used again. A lot of programs (among
them Metastock) however fail to do this correctly. Messages
like 'Your system is low on resources, please close some charts ...'
 point to exhausted System Resources.

Memory boosters like Free Memory Pro, Memokit,
Memturbo and a lot of others can free your RAM. However they can't do
anything with the System Resources.

Some websites that mention the
problem:
<A
href="http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/win-resources.html";>http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/win-resources.html
<A
href="http://www.releaseram.com/support.htm#RESOURCES";>http://www.releaseram.com/support.htm#RESOURCES (website
of Free Memory Pro)
<A
href="http://tweakhomepc.virtualave.net/thpc.html";>http://tweakhomepc.virtualave.net/thpc.html

Win2000 and Win XP handle the System Resources in
another way. There is no longer a fixed amount of memory for the System
Resources, these operating systems use RAM memory to supply extra
memory for the System Resources.

Samary
Marysamars (Metastockusers Yahoogroup) reported that the problem
disappeared by installing win2000:
"Installing
WIN2000. The problem quit, it works 6 hours in real time.Only metastock
seems to drag a litle'.

summarize:

Win2000 seems the better operating system when
you have serious problems with low system resources. No Win2000
user on the list reported problems in this area.

Win XP should handle the system resources the way
Win2000 does. However Igor Devisscher had a lot of problems. This brings up the
question: 'Is Metastock ready for Win XP?'.  The Equis website doesn't
mention Win XP. Has anyone by accidence contacted Equis about this
item?Good luck,
Wilty

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV