From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John R
Sent: dinsdag 27 november 2001 20:40
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Metastock vs. Amibroker

David,

I don't think Metastock has changed significantly for a long time - all
the changes have been what I would class as cosmetic peripheral stuff -
none of the essential fundamental TA facilities have advanced at all
e.g. system tester, Formula Lanuguage. The MS exits still work the same.

IMO Equis is not the company it was - I think the new Reuters masters
have different business priorities and product development plans from
the Equis of old i.e. now it is web centric software and
information/data feed services. For this reason I would be surprsied if
Equis ever produces any really significant updates to the MS EOD version
- goodness knows users have been asking long enough for some pretty
basic enhancements and they've all fell on deaf ears.

With regard to Amibroker it is a *far* more capable TA and Trading
System development tool than MS in all respects except charting. However
Amibroker is scheduled to get a new charting engine next year which,
judging by other aspects of the AB product, will be at least be the
equal of MS charting. There is also a RT version of Amibroker coming
very soon and money management. The *key* point about Amibroker is the
attitude (and ability) of the developer - he listens to what his users
want, discusses release schedules openly and delivers on his promises  -
the complete opposite to Equis IMO.

The only reason I continue to use MS is for charting. Once AB  charting
is enhanced I expect to drop MS altogether.

BTW entries and exits in Amibroker can be programmed to virtually
anything you want.

HTH
John