RE: gap filter

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>exactly - I didn't think to look in the book's formulas - I've learned a
lot from this one - thanks !

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of David RoweSent: Friday, November 16, 2001 4:18
  PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: gap
  filter
  Jerry,

  How about:

  barssince( (gapup()+gapdown()) <> 0 ) >
  10
  This should pass securities for which there have
  been no gaps in the last 10 days.

  barssince( gapup() <> 0 ) >
  10

  This should pass securities for which there have
  been no gaps up the last 10 days.

  barssince( gapdown() <> 0 ) >
  10

  This should pass securities for which there have
  been no gaps down in the last 10 days.

  Note this from MetStock's help:

  "Important:  When using the barssince() function in an exploration,
  you must choose the "Load ___ Records" button in the Explorer Options dialog
  (see Explorer Options) and specify a value equal to the number of bars loaded
  in your chart; otherwise, the exploration results may not be accurate."

  I think you can just use a big number for "Load ___ Records," like 5000
  (about 20 years).

  Is this what you were looking for?

  David

  I'm trying to run an exploration but want to
  filter out any times in thelast 10 days where there was a gap from the day
  before.Any ideas?Jerry