Re: Metastock Developers Kit

At 06:04 PM 16/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone used the read-only MDK?  The info at Equis' web site is sketchy
>on some points.  I gather from the info on Equis' web site that I can
>write stand-along programs that read metastock data.  Also, I can write
>DLL files that contain new functions which can then be used in the formula
>building pages within Metastock.  How good are the demo programs that come
>with the MDK?  Do they do a good job of showing you all the ingredients
>needed to write such stand-alone and add-in functions?  Can I use Visual
>C++ for this?
>
>- Pierre

Hi Pierre,

It isn't hard to read and write the old Metastock data format.  I do it
using Delphi but it would be a similar task to do it in C++.  I've had a go
at the new format but it needs a bit more effort than I've had time for.

What we need is a public library of functions independent of Metastock so
that you can do your system development in your own way and just use
Metastock as a file viewer.

Lance