RE: Metastock speeding up + hardware?

>From a hardware standpoint, by far the slowest link is the hard drive. A
flash RAM hard drive would help a lot but they are expensive and hard to
find. Suggest decent speed CPU and 256M RAM.

neo

At 06:11 PM 11/7/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>
>Which way is the best way to go about speeding up optimization in
Metastock?
>A. Fast disk, B. A lot of RAM, C. CPU?

1) Optimizing your code is probably the most effective.
2) Reduce the opt ranges by running two at a time and reducing them to a
narrower range around their optimum values is another way. If later some of
your optimizations return limit values you can shift the ranges to ensure
proper margins.

By halving the number of tests you cut your time in half, so range
reduction is the best way - and it doesn't cost anything :-)

Good luck,
Herman.