A tale of 3 traders...

For purposes of this quiz only, assume that the stock has been rising every
day. In other words, each bar is higher than the previous one. [This
simplifies things, otherwise the low of "x" days - where x could be 4, 7,
10, or whatever - could potentially be the lowest low of last 20 days and I
wanted to avoid that variable.]

What happens on the next trading day is not relevant - whether the stock
goes up again or has a huge fall is not relevant. The question is which
trader is setting his sell stop correctly. The simple sell rule is "sell
when the stock makes a 20-day low" - a common condition that many traders
follow or something similar to it [Remember the Turtles? One of their buy
(short) criteria was a stock making a 20-day High (low)]. If you follow
something similar in your own trading, or came across a system that had this
as its sell rule, you may make the same the same mistake that 2 of these 3
traders are making - and this of course will violate the rules of the system
or your own trading! And the quiz is merely to illustrate this point - how
even simple things may be misinterpreted.

In the quiz, there are 3 hypothetical traders that interpreted this simple
rule 3 different ways but there can only be *one* correct answer.

There is a catch in the quiz which experienced traders will (hopefully) see
through.  Believe me, the answer is *not* difficult and it *is* one of those
3 traders. Question is - which one? Answer in a couple of days.

Shashi